Internationalising the creative sector.
The Culture Works programme builds the capacity of small and medium creative business to work internationally and increase their markets overseas.
The creative sector worldwide is large and growing faster than other sectors. The ability to earn income, find new markets and generate funding from outside the public sector is essential for the future of businesses. Creating an international profile, expertise and connections is vital.
Visiting Arts has developed a professional training model that sits firmly within the wider creative ecology - one which is cost effective, sustainable and targeted to the local cultural landscape.
Unlike other business development programmes, Culture Works uses the Visiting Arts networks connections and over 3 decades of experience, providing participants with support and mentoring to create their own international profiles and plans.
...highly useful and of great value.”
- Participant, Malta
The programme is delivered is through a combination of face to face intensives, online webinars and mentoring.
The module structure is conceived as a 2/3-day seminar delivered by professional experts in the field followed by in-depth webinars on topics such as: Legal issues & IP, Visas, work permits & logistics, What festivals and promoters are looking for?
The programme is targeted at publicly funded organisations and individual artist/micro businesses. It focuses on the ‘internationalisation’ needs of the sector and will create internal and external networks to promote peer learning and continuing development.
Tangible outcomes include the creation of:
- an individual ”toolkit” for internationalising their work
- a robust and innovative marketing plan and professional marketing and promotional materials
- an individual professional profile on the World Cultures Connect platform
- a personal/professional action plan
The programme aims to:
- Develop the specific skills and competences needed when working internationally
- Enable participants to clarify objectives, analyse their needs and create a strategy for working in international contexts
- Facilitate participants in developing strong, sustainable partnerships overseas
- Enable participants to critically evaluate the success factors in international working
- Improve interpersonal and cognitive skills in particular encouraging the development of sensitivity to cultural diversity in people and different situations.
- Develop participants’ ability to analyse, synthesise and solve complex business problems
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
For more details on the type of activities we can provide for your cultural area and to find out how we can create a bespoke programme based on your needs analysis please get in touch for a complementary consultation with our team.
Register your interest in advance to be added to our programme waiting list.